40 Weeks & 1 day check up
I walked into the midwife's office and said this baby is not coming out yet, and she calmly said “You're only one day over, Hayley”. My midwife is lovely and she said everything is good and Baby will come. Mareike, my midwife checked my blood pressure and checked Bump's heart-beat and all is good. She offered to do a "sweep" to see if we could get things moving, but Steve and I decided to wait a little longer. We asked Mareike her opinion on this and she said she would hold on a while longer too, and that there are lots of things we could do ourselves to help bring on labour. I think Steve has mentioned some of these options in his blog .
We headed straight to the shop after our appointment and bought a huge pineapple as Marika said pineapples contain a substance that starts the cervix dilating. So far I have eaten half of it.
Right now I am sitting in the bridal suite of The Crewe & Harpur Arms in Longnor . Steve and I decided to get away for the night so I found this lovely little village in The Peak District. The room is very posh and the bath is huge so I will feel very pampered here having a bath. I can use the bath at home but it’s smaller and not as easy to get in and out now. Also the shower in our room here has a little seat to sit on whilst showering, so it’s all great for my back ache. Well I must sign off now the bubbles may over flow.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home