Physiotherapy For Pregnancy
Today, I went for Physiotherapy for my sciatica pain in my lower back and leg. I was kindly told that my shoulder posture was pretty bad and that I needed to work on it. The therapist gave me lots of exercises to do at home to help me to sit correctly at work and home. Before I left the appointment the therapist asked if I was going back to work. I wish I had replied no because she said she wanted to tape my back up for the afternoon so I could see where I am going wrong with my posture. I was told to sit down with my shoulders back and my back very straight. At this point the therapist started putting tape on my back. She said that I should wear it for a few hours and that if the tape went tight it was because my shoulders were slouched and my back was not straight. Believe you me, after a couple of hours I was ready to remove the tape. However, I can say that doing the exercise certainly made me realize how bad my posture is. I am now trying hard to do my daily exercises so I am not walking with a hunch when I am older. The fact I have extra weight on the front to carry around is not helping, but certainly not a good enough excuse for my posture.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home